Day 4 - The Graduation

When my father received his first district of churches in 2001, he soon realized that his training was lopsided. 

"I preached on biblical principles, but my members weren't applying them. 'Pastor, we can't concentrate on what you're preaching because we have so many struggles at home,' they would say. Some were depressed, others had major family disagreements, still others struggled with Schizophrenia and other mental illnesses. I had no idea how to reach these members!"

His feelings of unpreparedness led him to apply to Westminster University in Glenhaven, PA to pursue a doctorate in Biblical Counseling. 

Today my dad graduated. Years of prayer, hard work, and yes, even tears trail behind, dimmed by the glad thought that he succeeded. 


There was a very happy surprise today as well. My "adopted sisters" Leah and Madelyn and their parents surprised us at the graduation! It was very, very good to see them, and of course we took photos.


 

Comments

Popular Posts