Moving Mountains

If you have faith like a little grain of mustard,
That's what the Lord said to me,
You can tell the mountains,
"Move out of the way!
Move out of the way!"
And the mountains move out of the way,
Out the way, out the way.

Have you moved any mountains lately?  I know I haven't.  The mountains around me are very much in the same relative vicinity they have been for centuries.

Does that mean we have less faith than could be measured in a period on this page?  I've wondered lately.  But I'm learning that there are bigger tests of faith than relocating Mount Mitchell.

Let me be vulnerable with you.  There have been times in my spiritual life, and even now, when I have reached an impasse.  One particular struggle or a few related temptations stand firmly in the way of growing closer to Christ.  I know you can relate. 

These obstacles of insurmountable failure are the playing field where our mountain moving faith is demonstrated.

Faith is saying, "I believe that You have power to remove this struggle from my life, but I haven't been living like I believe.  Please help my unbelief."

It is in this humble admission of helplessness that the God of the Universe hears mountain moving faith. 

As I sit here tonight and stare at this mountain looming in front of the future God has chosen for me, I understand why mustard seed faith is so powerful.  In my helplessness, He can do more.  The less I strive, the more He moves my mountain.

I believe.  Help my unbelief.

Comments

Popular Posts